Our Board of Directors
BCCIC is a volunteer run organization with an elected Board of Directors from the membership and with active Committees. The role of the BCCIC Board of Directors is to provide strategic leadership, and in consultation with the membership, sets the direction of the organization. BCCIC has a minimum of five and a maximum of 11 Board members.
BCCIC works to ensure a balanced Board by taking into account:
- size of organization
- region of the province
- overseas projects
- development education
- type of membership
BCCIC is a volunteer run organization with an elected Board of Directors from the membership and with active Committees. BCCIC represents its membership through:
- Global Affairs Canada: BCCIC draws GAC’s attention to our BC-based membership’s concerns.
- CCIC: BCCIC is a member of the Canadian Council for International Cooperation and coordinates provincial support for CCIC initiatives.
- Joint Provincial Councils: BCCIC represents the province’s interests and shares resources with councils from other provinces.
- Federal Government: BCCIC monitors Canadian foreign policy and coordinates provincial NGO responses and advocacy to foreign policy.
- Provincial Government: BCCIC maintains contact with MLAs through one-on-one and joint initiatives to share perspectives.
- Networking: BCCIC hosts and co-sponsors forums and workshops on topical subjects.
- Academic Community: BCCIC maintains links with academic institutions on sustainable development.