BCCIC provides opportunities for people to rethink international cooperation, connect with other voices, and to build their capacity to achieve sustainable global development. Examples of topics explored in BCCIC trainings include:
- Feminist methodologies and leadership
- Best practices in public engagement and global citizenship
- Results-Based Management & risk management
- Youth involvement in high level negotiations
- Applying for grants and fundraising
Examples of Past Offerings
We also deliver programming in partnership with the Inter-Council Network’s Spur Change program; a 5-year initiative, funded by Global Affairs Canada, which aims to:
- increase the effectiveness of Canadian small and medium organizations (SMOs) to deliver sustainable results in support of the Feminist International Assistance Policy and the Sustainable Development Goals;
- increase the engagement of Canadian SMOs in international development;
- increase the engagement of Canadians youth, as global citizens.
For more details on events and trainings available through Spur Change, head to their website.
BCCIC’s Praxis Institute, which has been on pause as of 2022, is a professional development program that approaches the SDGs as a transformational agenda. It seeks to transform personal, social and systems-level skills toward these goals in a positive, inspiring format that is immediately applied.