GFAR – an international NGO comprised of over 450 Partners from around the world engaged in agri-food research and development is looking for a dynamic Editor. Working with the GFAR communications team, the Editor is primarily responsible for coordinating, editing and proofreading publications and printed copy including website, blogs and reports and miscellaneous printed and electronic materials, according to required schedules and recognized standards. She or he must be an excellent proofreader and general writer and editor.
- Writing, editing, and proofreading articles and stories for our blog and website.
- Read and edit copy to be published to detect and correct errors in spelling, grammar and syntax, and shorten or lengthen copy as space or time requires.
- Write or prepare introductions, marketing and promotional materials
- Confer with authors regarding revisions to copy
- Developing content for our website, blog and our e-newsletter.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by the communications team.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor degree is a must
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills, as well as excellent verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in the use of WordPress, web and print software applications, techniques, and tools.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Print & On-Line Media.
- Capable of community outreach.
- Highly organized & able to take on administrative tasks related to the job including meetings.
- English – French and Spanish would be and added advantage
This is a contractual position (based on per day of actual work approximately 5 days per month) and can be done from home. If this sounds like the role for you, please contact Fiona Chandler at email@example.com to express interest or for further information.