- This event has passed.
BCCIC Webinar – Organizational Development and Boards
February 28 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Join us on February 28th for a webinar provided by Vantage Point on the topic of organizational development for not-for-profits with a focus on the role of boards. The webinar will provide an introduction to how non-profit organizations grow and change over time and what you can do to strengthen and evolve your organization so that’s more effective in its work. The introduction will offer ways to sustainably strengthen the scale of non-for-profit organizations, understand how they grow and change over time, and provide meaningful approaches to board engagement.
Organizations are like people. They move through different stages of development. From start-up to growth to maturity to decline, every stage is part of a normal process – complete with unique benefits and challenges. Understanding this lifecycle can allow you to pinpoint your exact growing pains and next steps in capacity development. The webinar is based on the work of Susan Kenny Stevens, an internationally-recognized consultant, author and lecturer on management, financial and organizational issues pertaining to philanthropy and the non-profit sector.
By the end of the 60-minute webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify the 7 stages of organizational life-cycles and the 5 areas of organizational capacity
- Identify the benefits of applying the lifecycle lens and capacity framework to improve mission impact and program delivery
- Articulate the process for undertaking an organizational capacity self-assessment process to identify the highest priority areas for furthering the organization’s development
- Understand the role of boards at different stages of the non-profit life cycle and in driving the cycle as well as how to engage the board at different stages.
- Ask questions and receive answers in an online Q&A session.
The webinar can be accessed online by registering through the link below:
What: Organizational Development and Boards
When: Thursday, February 28th @ 12.30 pm – 1.30 pm (Pacific)
Cost: Free for BCCIC members. $30 for non-members.
We look forward to seeing you online on February 28th!