- This event has passed.
BCCIC Webinar – Strengthening Organizational Capacity
April 29 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
BCCIC Webinar – Strengthening Organizational Capacity (Apr.29)
Do you feel you’re squeezing all your effort, energy, and resources into delivering programs and services without a moment to take a breath and look at your internal capacity?
Join us on April 29th for a webinar to support you to step back from day-to-day operations to gain clarity on where to best build your organization’s capacity, as it grows and changes over time, and bring forward your most pressing questions in strengthening your organization.
This 90-minute webinar will provide you with the tools to diagnose and identify potential next steps to strengthen each of your organization’s internal capacity builders: programs, governance, management, financial resources, and administrative systems.
Based on the organizational development framework outlined in Nonprofit Lifecycles: Stage-Based Wisdom for Nonprofit Capacity Building, by the end of the webinar, you will be equipped to:
- Articulate the process to diagnose your current capacity and identify the highest priority steps for your organization to build capacity in governance, management, financial resources, and administrative systems
- Apply the lifecycle lens and capacity framework to improve the impact of your mission and programs
During an interactive Q&A, webinar facilitator Maria Turnbull, an experienced non-profit governance and management consultant, will answer specific questions relevant to BCCIC members, such as:
- How can we invite new people to get involved and on-board them in a way that assures they embrace the mission and values of the organization (and aren’t just competent administrators and decision-makers)?
- How can an old, established organization break through some of the barriers holding it back from making positive changes which would improve its work?
- How can we apply a feminist perspective to organizational development?
- What are some tips to most effectively engage the board in fundraising?
- What are some effective strategies to restructure for growth during scale ups – and then responsively adjust as a large project ends?
If you would like to submit a specific organizational development question in advance, please send to Sara Michel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What: Strengthening Organizational Capacity
When: Wednesday April 29, from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm (Pacific Time)
Cost: Free for BCCIC members, $30 for non-members.
We look forward to seeing you online!