- This event has passed.
Organizing Peace for Ukraine and Meeting Refugee Needs: A training and community share in tools & tactics for activists and campaigners
April 26 @ 5:00 am - 6:30 am
Tuesday April 26th, 90-minute session online
3pm Kyiv & Moscow | 2pm Warsaw & Berlin | 1pm London | 8am New York
Join this training to learn tools and tactics to amplify offline action, put pressure on key decision-makers, meet refugee needs and build community with other anti-war and refugee support activists.
- Why the Kremlin is sensitive to Twitter and how to use it strategically and powerfully in Twitterstorms, to hijack hashtags, reach the media, and beyond. Twitter’s new version that bypasses the Kremlin Twitter block. How to grow your account strategically and quickly for anti-war activism including the two powerful free tools you’ll want to use.
- How to build towards your offline action to inspire people to join in
- How to magnify the impact of rallies and other offline actions to reach decision-makers during and after the action
- How to prepare for action in high risk situations where you may be arrested
- Leadership roles for the diaspora – those who have left but want to take action to support homeland communities
- Using Twitter in situations where crowd-sourced intelligence and verification are critical
- Why the use of Telegram has surged and how to use it to get real news and organize
- How activists are using Reddit to share live news and organize community support
- The app developed for activists that enables us to access Twitter and email during partial and full internet shutdowns
- VPN recommendations for more secure and open access to the internet
Offered in English, with simultaneous interpretation in Russian, Ukrainian, Polish, French and Spanish.
Instructors will include SMT team members based in Eastern and Western Europe and the U.S.
There is no charge for this training.