- This event has passed.
Webinar: Where Canada Stands on the SDGs – An Important Moment for Agenda 2030
July 3 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Webinar: Where Canada Stands on the Sustainable Development Goals – An Important Moment for Agenda 2030
Wednesday June 3, 10am PT/1pm ET
Register Here: https://zoom.us/webinar/
For the United Nations, 2019 marks the completion of the first round of in-depth review for the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The High Level Political Forum in July will provide an assessment for the remaining five goals under review as well as the continued presentation of Voluntary National Reviews from member states, some for the second time. BCCIC will be presenting another report at the 2019 HLPF – “Where Canada Stands Volume III.” This year will also mark the first comprehensive review of progress in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the 17 SDGs, to be held at the SDG Summit during the United Nations General Assembly in September. The meeting will provide the first opportunity to follow-up on implementation and determine the future direction of the Agenda 2030 process since its adoption in 2015.
In support of this conversation, BCCIC has prepared a comprehensive analysis on Canada’s progress toward achieving the goals under review this year. We invite you to join this webinar and get updated on how Canada is stepping up to the challenge of achieving the SDGs. With the creation of the SDG Unit, and with new funding through Economic and Social Development Canada for organizations that are promoting the SDGs, Canada is working at multiple levels to do our part for the global agenda. The Federal government is planning to announce Canada’s “SDG Implementation Strategy” at the end of June, before the HLPF takes place.
Join this webinar to learn about:
– BCCIC’s new “Where Canada Stands” report, which gives a snapshot of Canada’s progress on the SDGs under review this year
– BCCIC’s and CCIC’s collaborative policy brief series “Good Practice in Agenda 2030 Implementation”
– Some analysis of the new SDG implementation strategy
Guests will include:
– BCCIC’s “Where Canada Stands” Report Team, including Deborah Glaser, BCCIC’s former Senior Policy Analyst
– Laurel Wayne-Nixon, BCCIC Policy Brief Writer
– Nicolas Moyer, CCIC Executive Director
– Representative from Economic and Social Development Canada, SDG Unit (to be confirmed)