- To deliver programs in BC on capacity development, public engagement, and collaboration in order to enhance the development effectiveness and sustainability of members and others.
- To provide services to improve communications between BC Civil Society Organizations and the public, representing members’ work to others, and creating and managing a grant fund to benefit members.
- To govern and manage BCCIC professionally in order for the Council to deliver its programs and services effectively.
- The Council has an active and diverse membership in terms of size, experience, and geography. BCCIC supports Chapters in the Comox Valley, Kootenays, Okanagan, South Vancouver Island and Terrace
- The Council acts as a hub for international development in British Columbia by sharing best practices and giving a provincial voice to the sector.
- The Council has an elected Board of Directors, adheres to the CCIC Code of Ethics, and has a proven track record of supporting BC-based CSOs since 1989.
- Assist members to increase their development effectiveness.
- To engage with British Columbians on issues concerning global sustainable development.
- Increase collaboration with other development stakeholders in BC, Canada and internationally.
- To increase awareness of and support for the work of Council members.
- Be recognized as the credible voice for the international development sector in BC.
- Generate and manage a grant fund for members.
- Reduce the Council’s dependence on a single source of revenue.
- Maintain the operation of BCCIC at its current level or better.
- Recruit and support qualified people to the BCCIC Board and staff.