Volunteer Opportunity: Graphic Designer
As a network of over 100 members, the BC Council for International Cooperation seeks to provide opportunities for British Columbians to engage with global issues. With 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to tackle locally and globally by 2030, there is much to be done. And we need your help!
If you are interested in social justice, if you engage in global issues, and if you would like to network with civil society professionals, then volunteering with BCCIC is for you.
Description & Context:
BCCIC routinely hosts capacity development sessions for its members and the wider public on a variety of issues related to the SDGs and social justice, both locally and globally. With many events, our communications and programming teams require additional graphic design assistance to help with the creation of promotional materials.
BCCIC also publishes research and policy recommendations, and often requires graphic design support in the creation of promotional material for this work.
The Volunteer Graphic Designer would be responsible for creating materials for reports and events on an as-needed basis, working closely with the Program Director and the Communications Officer.
What makes you a good fit:
- A good understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals;
- A passion for social justice;
- A strong desire to disseminate important, factual information in innovative ways;
- Experience creating infographics or other such material to simplify complex subjects;
- An ability to clearly synthesize material while maintaining a holistic perspective;
- Strong graphic design skills, including proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud tools;
- Character requirements include: detail-oriented, punctual, committed, reliable, resourceful, independent; flexible; innovative; effective at communicating.
We will appoint volunteers based on experience, knowledge, and merit.
Volunteering with BCCIC is an unpaid experience for which no monetary compensation is provided. Understanding and appreciating that those who volunteer with us are seeking to gain work experience and contribute to a better world, BCCIC staff work personally with each of our volunteers to make the experience as meaningful as possible. Our volunteers set their own schedules and discuss which tasks they would prefer to work on with their supervisors.
In your time us, you can expect:
- Free membership to BCCIC during the time that volunteering is taking place;
- Free attendance to events organized by BCCIC for its members while volunteering with BCCIC;
- Opportunity to build one’s skills and CV as part of the BCCIC team;
- Opportunity to learn more about the international development context in BC as part of a provincial network
The duration of this position is 3 months (with the possibility of extension) and a time commitment of minimum two days per week.
Please email your CV, a short (not to exceed one page) statement of interest, and a sample of your work to email@example.com Please include ‘Graphic Designer’ in the subject line of your email.
Please apply before September 15, 2020 at 5:00 PM. Individuals will be contacted if they have moved to the interview portion of the application.
BCCIC is a network of British Columbian voluntary international development organizations, or provincial branches of such organizations, committed to achieving sustainable global development in a peaceful and healthy environment, with social justice, human dignity, and participation for all. For more information on BCCIC visit http://bccic.ca/